Friday, October 12, 2012

A Birthday Post

And a very happy birthday to my favorite 14-year-old. Yep. Joshua's turning 14 today. Fourteen years ago today we were welcoming our first child into the world. I know it's cliche, but wowza is time flying. My firstborn is now taller than I am, I almost can't believe that deep voice he's all of a sudden developed which no longer sounds anything like the little guy he once was, and I'm so pleased to see him growing and maturing as he is. My prayer is that he will grow in wisdom and faith as he seeks God and seeks to know His word. I've enjoyed watching him bloom as he's gotten to join the high school marching band this year and has found something he really likes doing and is doing well with his trumpet. Even more, I am thoroughly enjoying and challenged by the discussions we have as he asks really great questions about faith, God, Jesus, life, politics, things he's learning in school, you name it, and how to think biblically in a gospel-centered way when confronted with ideas and thoughts along life's way. Joshua, your enthusiasm for asking questions keeps me in the Word, and that's a great thing for all of us. I love you, Joshua!



No comments: