Saturday, September 01, 2007

I Know, I Know, I'm Taking a Break.....

But I needed to do this one post in light of it being the first day of college football, and all. I don't care anything about pro football, but I do like my Florida Gators! And, yes, I know football and sports in general aren't really all that important in the grand scheme of things, but, I spent 4 1/2 years as a Florida Gator student and lived in Gainesville for another year and a half after that. So, Go Gators!

Here's the fight song and "We Are the Boys of Old Florida." No third quarter is complete until we've all sung the song....



And, Mr. Two-Bits is just part of Florida legend. He's been making the rounds through The Swamp every home game for years....here's the cheer...





Now, if I may have just a moment to enjoy last season since I'm not so sure it will be repeatable :(.....



And one more friendly little reminder that most teams today will be unwittingly enjoying some fruits of University of Florida science.....



Now I'm off to continue my blogging break. Happy college football! Go Gators!

2 comments:

Laura said...

I'm not a Gator fan - we stick with the Trojans way out here in the west! - but I too am a huge fan of college football (not NFL) and will be rejoicing with you over the start of the season!

Anonymous said...

I'm not a Gator fan either, but prefer them to the Seminoles I suppose - if I watched any football at all. Since I live within driving distance of Gainesville, I suppose I'm an unofficial fan even I never watch 'em. You couldn't help but love 'em when they won the nationals. The enthusiasm was contagious.