Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Some People Just Don't Have Enough to Do

“Profanity is the common crutch of the conversational cripple." -David Keuck

So, apparently some drive by commenter took exception to my “Gators” post. Boo. Hoo. And flavored it with profanity. Grrrrrrr. First of all, I have no problem with good-natured school rivalry. That’s half the fun of it all. Wear your colors, cheer for your team, sing your fight song, enjoy! I don’t even mind if you want to say a friendly cheer for your favorite team in the comments under my post, I won’t delete it if it’s decent.

BUT, if you disagree with some of the coaching decisions made by the Gator coaching staff, and you feel the need to rant about it by trolling over here to my dippy little blog (that in itself is just too funny, if you only knew how little I actually cared about all that stuff) and then you further felt compelled to declare that all of your school fans, team, etc. have way more class than all Gator players, fans, etc.…..it’s probably not the wisest course of action to end your rant with a choice bit of profanity. Yeah, you’re classy. Sure thing. While I have no doubt many fans of your fine team are quite classy, you, however, have demonstrated that you are not one of them. You, Sir/Madam Potty-mouth, are just a sore loser.

Oh, wait, since you said that ugly, nasty thing in my comment box, I’ve changed my mind. Suddenly, I think your team is wonderful and I hate my school. Bwa-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha!!! Such is the power of profanity to influence your argument. I mentioned in my last post what I like about the whole college sports thing, and Mr./Ms. Potty-mouth has nicely demonstrated what I despise about it. Lighten up, people. It’s a only game. It’s just sports. Pheh.

Seriously, for my real and regular readers, as if anyone needed a reminder, I have a “G-Rated” blog. I delete profanity, and I don’t even listen to the arguments attached, so don’t bother. And, thankfully, none of my real readers (all five of you) ever have. I appreciate that very much.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Um...according to Bloglines, you have at least six readers! :)

I'm sorry someone soiled your comments section. How silly. I enjoy watching sports in civilized company but I just don't get the yelling, the cursing and the SPITTING! Have you ever noticed that people get so upset that they spit as they talk!

Nope. I'll never understand that.

SimplyAmusingDesigns.com said...

My mama always said that people who used 'cuss words' only did so because they didn't have the mental ability to form an intelligent argument. I've always liked that. :)