Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Obsessive Am I

I am pretty sure I do not want to know what it says about me that I spent this morning cleaning my house before Merry Maids came this afternoon to give us an estimate of what it will cost to have the house thoroughly cleaned so we can start showing it. They also gave me a quote for weekly cleaning, but somehow it just seems wrong to have someone else clean my house every week when I am home all day. Besides that, I know myself well enough to know that I would probably spend the day before the weekly maid service cleaning the house because it's too embarrassing to have strangers see the worst of our mess. I am pretty sure that I do not want to know what it says about what a pathetic job I do at the more challenging of the chores involved in keeping the house clean (windows, baseboards, anyone?) that I was very, very tempted by the weekly cleaning offer, either. And I am very sure I do not want to know what it says about me that I felt a strong need to keep on apologizing to the woman who came for the estimate about the state of M’s and J’s rooms. I did not get to the nightmare that is my sons’ rooms yet, but they and my closet are next on my agenda for what must be done. As soon as I finish avoiding it by blogging about it that is. I’ve got to purge the mess because I can’t think of anything much sillier than having the movers box up junk we will just throw out once we unpack it, so, it is time to stop blogging and get back to work.

Pray for me. This chore of organizing my sons’ stuff and my closet has been put off too long. One of the pluses and minuses of moving all rolled into one – getting rid of the clutter that a houseful of packrats accumulates.

3 comments:

Lisa Spence said...

Ooooh, I will definitely pray for you. Getting a house ready to put on the market is a huge job!

Chaotic Joy said...

Oh, I resemble this post. I sometimes tell my husband we need to pay someone to clean the house once a week just so I have an incentive to pick up all the clutter. Good luck getting it all done.

Pam said...

I can't even imagine dealing with little kid stuff to get ready to move! That overwhelms me.