Monday, September 08, 2008

Status Report....Sort Of

Practicing patience: Grocery shopping with a two-year-old. It isn’t all that fun walking back through all the aisles you’ve just finished shopping to find the hat that the princess decided it would be fun to throw out of the cart and then cry out over and over in varying forms of distress, “Hat! Hat!” until you find it again where it landed, not in obvious sight on the floor, oh, no, but on a shelf. And then her sandals flew out of the cart, too. Next time she’s going barefoot with no accessories.

Wondering: Why is it that when we have a major decision to make and we’re as sure as we can be that the decision we are making is the right one, it is still really scary to make that final decision? Today my stomach is in knots and I can’t eat. Even when the change is good change, I have a hard time with it. Would you kindly pray for us? I will be able to share more later, I am sure…..

Forgot: Drew’s dad’s birthday on Saturday. It’s okay, that we forgot, though, because I am 99% sure Drew’s mom may have forgotten it, too, because we even had them over to help us eat leftover shrimp (yuck, yuck, yuck) that evening and not one word was said about it being his birthday, and usually Drew’s mom would be pretty quick to let us know we’d forgotten something like that. We invited them over for dinner tonight – steaks and cheesy potatoes and salad (much more appetizing than shrimp, in my opinion). However, when we made those plans I forgot that it was M’s open house at school tonight. Guess we’ll be late for it and maybe just I will go.

Scatter-brained: How I’ve been feeling for the past several days. See the previous two paragraphs.

In need of light-hearted blog fodder: I think my last several posts have been pretty heavy. Maybe I’ll try to come up with something a little less ponderous when I get past my butterflied stomach and scatter-brained mind.

Sipping: Hazelnut cream coffee with Splenda and more hazelnut creamer. Yum.

Next on today's agenda: Since I've finished cleaning the bathrooms and straightening up the general living area and the kitchen, I think I'm going to sit down until time for the bus to bring the boys home and read a book while Boo is napping - or at least resting, I don't think she's actually asleep yet.

That’s all for now. Have a nice Monday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hazelnut coffee and a book? good idea.