Thursday, August 27, 2009

Practical Mom's Dictionary, Installment #9

Irony:
In a fit of spontaneity and the desperate need for something new and fresh, I got my hair cut yesterday. It was my scheduled monthly haircut, but I told her I was ready for a change, but not sure what I wanted. We found a picture and away we went. It is short. Shorter than I realized it would be. I think I'll like it when I get used to it. It is new and fresh and younger looking. The irony is, however, that with my new, fresh, younger style, I'm noticing a few gray strands I had not noticed before. Sigh.

Rationalization:
1. I was planning to go the Y this morning. Not wanting to go, you understand, but it was the plan. Boo said, "Don't go Y today, Mom," and we are not going. It didn't take much to twist my arm. We haven't been yet this week. I think I'll start next week fresh. Besides, we're really working on potty training, and I have to put a pull-up on her when we go to the Y which kind of defeats our progress. Yeah, that's why I'm staying home today.

2. There is a game on Facebook that I could easily become addicted to called Bejeweled Blitz. Boo really likes the "shape game." I could rationalize and say it's educational for me to play it since she names all the shapes and colors while I do so. But then I would be wasting so much time.

That's it for this installment. Time to go do some real work around the house. If I'm not going to the Y, I at least need to keep busy. It's not like I don't have a lot to do.

No comments: