Friday, August 14, 2009

Happy Birthday, Drew

I am just now getting a chance to sit and write this, but today is my husband’s birthday. The big 4-0 today. I’m not going to make a huge big deal about it, though, because mine’s coming up in a couple of years, and well, you know….. I hate that he’s missing being here for his big day, though. He’s away with his Army guys for two week training. He’s probably just as glad to have an excuse for me not to do anything big for the birthday. We’ll have a little celebration when he gets home next week.

But I am very thankful for Drew. He’s my very best friend as well as my husband. He loves our kids. He even loves the dog, something I'm still trying to do, :^) And he loves me. I love him. He puts up with me, that’s saying a lot. More than puts up, actually, he demonstrates his love in so many ways that there are times I am overwhelmed that I get to be married to this man. We’ve grown together through the years, and I look forward to the years to come and look forward to growing in the Lord together as long as we draw breath. I’m proud of him, and I love the man and husband and dad that he is.

Happy birthday, Drew. The almost 16 years we’ve been married have been some of the happiest of my life, and I thank God He blessed me with you.

No comments: