Friday, August 07, 2009

She's A Detail Oriented Girl

We were watching Disney's The Jungle Book this afternoon. Actually, Boo was watching and I was reading a book. I was drawn out of my little reading world when Boo kept saying, "That's the Winnie-a-Pooh snake. That's the Winnie-a-Pooh snake!"

I looked up and the movie was at the part where Ka'a the snake is hypnotizing Mowgli in the tree. I said, "Yeah, the Winnie-the-Pooh snake." Then I started wondering why in the world she called him that. Then I realized that somehow she was recognizing the voice. The same actor is the voice for Pooh.

The thing is, I think she's only ever watched the Pooh movie once. And that was a while ago. How did she put that together?

I think this girl is one smart cookie. She's going to keep us on our toes. She really seems to pick up on details, in a way that's a little bit scary in a three-year-old. I have to remember how much she notices. Anyway, I thought it was something that she could remember the voice like that and put them together. And just felt like sharing.

No comments: