Thursday, January 27, 2011

Thankful Thursday

I really need to get back to blogging again. Here it is Thursday and I haven't written anything in a week. Life's been a little.....busy....lately. More on that later, hopefully.

Today I'm thankful for snowplows. And for neighbors who have them. I just realized that the person who was plowing out our street the other day was the neighbor up the street. I don't know if this is a side job for him or if he's just the proud owner of a plow and chose to share the joy with his neighbors, but either way, I'm thankful.

I'm also thankful for my boys and how they have demonstrated several times during my jury duty stint how trustworthy they are when I've unfortunately had to put them in the position of being temporary latch key kids a couple of times. They have handled it so well. I'm proud of them and their showing of responsibility.

I'm thankful my boys do not have to be latch key kids every day, but only because of a temporary and unusual circumstance.

I'm thankful for my husband and will be glad to have him home again after a business trip that's had him gone since Sunday. I've missed him.

I'm thankful for the pondering the Lord has allowed me to be doing for a couple of weeks now based on Philippians 1:9-11. I have got to get that blog post written. Short part of it being that I have begun praying earnestly for myself and for other people in my sphere of influence that our "love may abound more and more with knowledge and all discernment," so that we may approve what is excellent and so be pure and blameless for the day of Christ, filled with the fruit of righteousness that comes through Jesus Christ to the glory and praise of God. I've been pondering a lot about what it means to approve what is excellent, and that the righteousness that comes through Jesus Christ is to His glory. Very much need to get that post written.

How about you? For what are you thankful today?




1 comment:

christine said...

For one thing, I am thankful for a blogger who uses the English language correctly, and does not end a sentence with a preposition :).
Actually I am so thankful for so many things--my family, our school, and especially today the precious Word of God.
Thanks for a sweet post and a reminder to always be thankful.