Monday, May 02, 2011

Status Report - May 2011

Sitting.....in the kitchen, smelling the ham and bean soup that is simmering for dinner. Mouth is watering. Corn bread will complement it nicely.


Sipping....Earl Grey tea, hot. A delightful afternoon treat.


Thinking....how strange it is that right when I’d decided to take a blogging break for a while, I all of a sudden felt like blogging again.


Resigned.....to the thought that I will probably never get the hang of short blog posts. I must learn that less is more. Somehow.


Pondering....how wrong it is that I get most of my news from Facebook lately. I may need to take something of a break from that time distraction. Social media doesn’t have to be a bad thing, but time wasting sure is.


Wondering....how it is possible that my baby is going to be five next week. Also wondering if I have the energy to survive the birthday party that will be at our house on Saturday.


Excited.....that The Lady and the Tramp DVD I ordered from Amazon was shipped today. I think I’m more excited to see my little girl open it than she will be to receive it. Lady Dog is her special toy - goes with her everywhere. Finally she’ll get to see the movie. I find it irritating that Disney locks away certain movies in the vault. Marketing genius, but I wanted Boo to get to see it before she doesn’t care anymore.


Thankful....for my church family. I’m constantly at a loss for words to describe how full my heart is on Sundays and after. I love how the gathering together on Sunday spurs us on to worship and serve throughout the week. May I have ears to hear and eyes to see!


Praying...for those who have been so drastically affected by the tornadoes. My heart is heavy as I hear of the damage and loss. May God have mercy, and may those who can help have strength and wisdom and compassion and resources.


Glad...there are only five weeks left of the school year. Looking forward to summer with the kids.


Realizing...that working with preschoolers on a weekly basis isn’t really my gift. I like kids, but didn’t so much love the job. Now to find where I am supposed to be serving.


Once again, I’m thankful for Lisa’s status report format.

No comments: