Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Giggles

Psalm 127: 3-4 "Behold, children are a heritage from the LORD, the fruit of the womb is a reward. Like arrows in the hand of a warrior, so are the children of one's youth. Happy is the man who has his quiver full of them"

I'm getting ready to co-hostess a baby shower for a friend this Saturday. The other friend I'm working with asked me to do a devotional for it, and I think I'll use the above verse along with Psalm 139. It really does make you think about how awesome God is when you look at a baby and think of all the intricate details that have gone into forming us. DNA is so complex, and there is no one person that is just like another. We are truly fearfully and wonderfully made. I am so grateful that God has allowed me to be mommy to these little ones. Please, God, may I be faithful to teach them and lead them the way I should.

Today when I was thinking about what to talk about, I looked at Psalm 139: 23-24 "Search me , O God, and know my heart, try me, and know my anxieties; and see if there is any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting." Pondering the responsibility of being a parent can be so overwhelming at times. I know that those little eyes and ears are seeing and hearing so much, and we are so transparent to them. I pray God will search my heart and convict me of any wicked ways so that I can live righteously in front of my kids. Also, I know that His peace passes all understanding. He will teach me not to fear as we seek to guide these kids to adulthood.

Today with Boo, I heard her first genuine belly laugh. She's laughed before in response to tickling, but today she was making the funniest little noise, and I made it back to her and she just laughed and laughed. We did that back and forth until we were both laughing. I just love that. Tonight the boys got in on the act and played with her. You see the pictures here of them loving on their little sister. What a blessing.

No comments: