Saturday, April 14, 2007

Preparing For Sunday

Psalm 63:1-8
"O God, You are my God;
Early will I seek You;
My soul thirsts for You
In a dry and thirsty land
Where there is no water.
So I have looked for You in the sanctuary,
To see Your power and Your glory.

Because Your lovingkindness is better than life,
My lips shall praise You.
Thus I will bless You while I live;
I will lift up my hands in Your name.
My soul shall be satisfied as with marrow and fatness,
And my mouth shall praise You with joyful lips.

When I remember You on my bed,
I meditate on You in the night watches,
Because You have been my help,
Therefore in the shadow of Your wings I will rejoice.
My soul follows close behind You;
Your right hand upholds me."

As I prepare for Sunday, O let my heart overflow with praise for You, O Lord, Most High. May I seek You early, and may my soul hunger and thirst for Your righteousness. As I trust in You, my soul is satisfied. You are my God. There is salvation in no other. Jesus, Your lovingkindness is better than life. Let that be truly my heart's cry. Open my ears and my heart to hear Your word. Let me worship You at all times and seek to obey You with my whole heart. As Your people gather in Your name tomorrow, let us hear the truth and repent when You convict us of sin. Cleanse us, O Lord, and show us where we are seeking our own way and not Yours. Father, there are times that I feel I'm in a dry and thirsty land where there is no water, but You give us Living Water so we will thirst no more. I know that Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me. There are so many voices today screaming for attention and pointing to the broad way that leads to destruction; let me listen only to You and walk along the narrow way that leads to life. That way is only through the Cross. My sin and my shame are crucified with Christ, and now it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me. You lead me in the paths of righteousness for Your name's sake. Jesus, You are the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father but through You. Thank You for the hope that anchors my soul. You are my King. All praise to You, I sing. Amen.

No comments: