Friday, October 12, 2007

Happy Birthday



Nine years ago today our oldest son was born. I cannot even get my brain to accept that he is nine today, but here we are. J is smart, serious, funny, goofy and a really neat kid. I’m so glad I get to be his mom. And, for the record, it’s mom these days, not mommy anymore. No longer a little boy, he’s lost his baby teeth and is looking at braces in the near future, and he’s into Legos and science and big boy things these days. Sometimes when he’s sleeping I can still see the baby he was in his profile, but he’s growing so fast it seems like a blink and too much time is gone.

I can’t believe it’s been nine years since we were sitting there at that Sunday school party having dinner when I realized, quite suddenly and unmistakably, (oh, my goodness it’s still 3 weeks until my due date this can’t be what I think it is!), that it was time to go – and there was no question! J was in a hurry to get here it seems, and he’s been in a hurry to grow up ever since.

Happy birthday to my nine year old J!

1 comment:

Heather said...

Happy Birthday, J! We're fairly exhausted here after a racous, giggle feset of twelve year old girls...hope your party is great as well.