Saturday, May 17, 2008

Prince Caspian - Six Thumbs Up

I got to take my two favorite little boys to see Prince Caspian this afternoon. Excellent movie and a really nice time with my boys. I'm thankful for my sweet husband spending time with Boo so I could do this with the boys. We so much enjoyed reading the Chronicles of Narnia together, that I really wanted to be able to see it with them this weekend.

As to the movie - no spoilers here! Some of the characterizations and events are different from the book, but overall I liked it very much. I love how these movies bring to life the feeling of the books and even with the changes, I think the movie is faithful to the overall themes of the original story. One hero in particular is a bit more flawed than his counterpart in the original, but it actually makes him more believable, though I really like his character in the book, too.

All in all, we had a fun afternoon, and I want to see the movie again to catch what I missed this time around. (I was with the question asking king, after all. One son asks lots of questions, the other sits silently and takes it all in and asks at the end. Both enjoyed their popcorn.)

2 comments:

Lisa Spence said...

We saw it last night and loved it as well!

Spirit of Adoption said...

We can't wait till our kids are old enough to see these!!!!