Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Weep With Those Who Mourn

With tears I ask you to please pray for the members of our former church in Brandon, FL, Bell Shoals Baptist Church, and the family of Pastor Forrest Pollock. He and his teenage son were taken home to be with the Lord in a plane crash on Monday. The church's statement is here.

"For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord." Romans 8:38-39

7 comments:

Spirit of Adoption said...

Oh my goodness....just read it, and weeping with you all. Praying for Dawn and family.

SimplyAmusingDesigns.com said...

I cannot imagine - my heart is heavy and I am praying for his wife and children, the church family, as well as your family.

Joyfull said...

I am so sorry for the loss of this church. They will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Sunny said...

We've been hearing about this on our local news since it happened near here. What a terrible loss for their family and their church! We will definitely be praying for everyone involved.

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry, I will be praying for the family.

Lisa Spence said...

Praise we do not grieve as those without hope--may God grant His comfort and strength to those who mourn...

The Open Range Camping Family said...

I am so sad about this. I know many people who attend Bell Shoals here in town, in fact my neighbor attended the celebration of life service yesterday.

We are all in shock and are keeping Dawn and the children in our prayers. But I rejoice knowing they are rec'd in glory with the Father.