Thursday, October 08, 2009

Status Report October 2009

Sitting…at my computer desk and listening to the rain that has been falling all day today. Also listening to my daughter talking to herself in her room and not taking the nap she really needs to take because we’re going to see "Curious George Live" tonight and I really want her to be happy there instead of cranky because she had no nap.

Drinking….sweet tea with lemon . Ha!

Loving....Fall. The leaves are turning, the air is cooler, I love, love, love it.

Hoping….to return to blogging on some kind of regular basis. I’ve been in a slump for weeks now. Not even posting much on Facebook these days, if that tells you anything.

Having…spaghetti with meatballs for dinner tonight before we all go to the show. Meatballs were requested by oldest son, and I made up my own recipe for them and cooked them this morning so we can get dinner ready early enough to eat before we need to leave to go down town. Hope they are yummy.

Frustrated…this morning when I had to go back out in the rain again to take my son’s jacket to him which he couldn’t find when it was past time to get out the door to school this morning. Obviously I am not doing my job in teaching organization skills. We will be putting out clothes and jackets the night before from now on in an effort to avoid the kind of frustration we had this morning.

Encouraged…by the book that our women’s group is reading together, Lies Women Believe by Nancy Leigh DeMoss. I am reminding myself again of God’s great love for us in that while we were yet sinners Christ died for us. I’ve been on the edge of a mild slump/depression for a few weeks now and I’m seeking to recognize the lies I have been believing that are contributing to the malaise and replacing them with the truth of God’s word. What a blessing that is!

Swimming…in the depths of the wonder of God’s grace and mercy and love as I ponder Romans 8:31-39 and seek to hide it in my heart by memorizing it and feasting on the Bread of Life and remember and hold firm to the fact that nothing, nothing, nothing can separate me from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord. Amen!

Challenged…by our Tuesday Bible study as we examine a biblical view of excellence. What a sweet time of opening God’s word together with our little group of women on Tuesday mornings as we’re guided by our study, Becoming a Woman of Excellence by Cynthia Heald.

Beginning…to prepare for our next study that will start in January, and which I will get to lead. That thought humbles me, and I covet prayer as I prepare for that study! We got approval from our associate pastor to use Hoping For Something Better by Nancy Guthrie and take a deep look at the book of Hebrews together. Exciting!

Wondering…why it seems to be that I get hit with depression/slumps right when I start to really get going and involved with Bible study or teaching opportunities. Praise God that He is able, and strong, and mighty, though I am pitiful, poor and weak.

ReadingThe Rook by Steven James. Just finished the first book in the series called The Pawn and really liked it. Found these from a review Lisa did at 5 Minutes for Books. Thanks, Lisa!!

Quit…reading another fiction book that really seemed interesting but I felt would not be the best thing I should be reading, especially with the spiritual malaise I was finding myself in. I won’t mention the name of the book, but the first book by the same author was one I found intriguing, disturbing and probably another I shouldn’t have read right now, too.

Waiting…for a book I requested from Grace to You to arrive: The Jesus You Can’t Ignore by John MacArthur. Can’t wait to read it. I’ve been challenged by and enjoying the sermon series that it is based on – I’m a few weeks behind, still, on my podcasts, so I’ve been listening to them as I walk the treadmill or work around the house.

Praying…for someone dear to me as they are encountering a big trial.

Thankful…for my husband.

Needing…to end this post and go pick up the boys from school. It’s still raining….

3 comments:

Cupcake Mama said...

Yeah for you!!! Drinking tea instead of coffee-decaf I trust!

Lisa Spence said...

Love it!

So glad you're loving the Patrick Bowers books!

nancyguthrie said...

I'm excited to hear you're going to lead a study of Hoping for Something Better! I hope you and your group fall in love with Hebrews and how it magnifies Jesus! Let me know if I can help you in any way.