Friday, January 05, 2007

Scintillating Dinner Conversation

The hospital where Hubby works has started a new thing where he can order a pizza from the cafeteria on Thursday, and they will payroll deduct for it and he can pick it up on Friday afternoon to bring home for dinner. I know what you're thinking: "You had hospital cafeteria pizza for dinner?" Go ahead, laugh, but it was really good. When D. brings it home in the box it's uncooked, but all put together, so all I had to do was pop it in the oven for 10 minutes and we had supper all ready. Because we believe in great home-cooked meals for our kids.

Anyway, here's what the boys were discussing at dinner tonight along with the standard, "What did you do at school today?"

J. put a huge 3-bite portion of pizza in his mouth whole, and D. said, "Don't do that. You need to eat slower and let it digest."

M.: "What's digest?"

Me: "It's when your stomach does what it does with your food." (Like my scientific explanations?)

M.: "Like when it gets all squishy in your tummy."

D.: "Yeah, like that."

M.: "And if you get too much squishy stuff in your tummy you get fat." (He's pretty scientific, too.)

Me: "Right, I guess."

M.: "Some people have bumps on their bodies that mean they are strong."

Me: "You mean muscles?"

M.: "Yes. How do muscles grow?"

Me: "You have to exercise a lot and eat healthy."

D.: "That's right."

If you've noticed that J. wasn't contributing much to this part of the conversation, it's because he was still chewing that monster bite.

I suppose we'll have to eat less of these pizzas if I don't want too much squishy stuff making my tummy fat. And my membership at the YMCA kicks back in at the end of the month, so hopefully my muscles will grow and my fat will subside as I exercise a lot and eat healthier. Thanks M. and J. for that scientific analysis.

No comments: