Friday, May 04, 2007

Tagged!

Terri at Keeping the Pace and Kim at The Upward Call have tagged me to play along on this fun meme. I was needing blog material, anyway, so this is an easy and fun way to get one more post written! I’m not sure I can come up with 7 things about me that aren’t on my 100 things post and won’t be really boring, but I’ll try. You may want some caffeine before reading…..

Here’s how it works: Each player starts with 7 random facts/habits about themselves. People who are tagged need to write on their own blog about their seven things, as well as these rules. You need to tag others and list their names. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them that they have been tagged and to read your blog!

And now, for some random facts about me you may not have known or care to know:

1. I think I’ve become addicted to caffeine again. I can tell because I get this slump in the afternoon around 1pm when I really, really, really want a nap and have to push through it, because that is not Boo’s nap time, unfortunately. This means I probably need to back off on the diet cherry Cokes from Sonic, and it also means a week long seriously bad headache while I decaffinate. Ugh.

2. I finally started reading Pilgrim’s Progress, but I’m having to share it with D, because he grabbed it up and got interested in reading it before I could start it. The boys and I are finishing up the Little Pilgrim’s Progress book in the evenings, and we’ve all enjoyed it a lot and had some good conversations.

3. Now that we only have one bridge off the island for a while, I haven’t been as free to go in to the hospital fitness center to exercise like I was trying to get back into the habit of doing. But, Boo and I have very much enjoyed walking around the big loop and duck pond in the neighborhood. Once around is a half mile, and I go as many laps as she will tolerate. I just load her up with Cheerios and listen to good preaching on my radio headphones and pray as we stroll around. All the kids are enjoying watching the baby ducks at the pond, by the way. I’ll try to get some pictures of them soon, if I can. There was a heron the other day, too.

4. I’ve tried several times in my life to wear my hair long. I think long hair can be beautiful. But my hair is so very thick and heavy (I was once told that I have “fat” hair) that it becomes unmanageable very quickly, and we have to layer it and then I can’t braid it, so I finally grow tired of the stringy-locks look and cut it off. My most recent attempt was this past year since Boo was born, because it was just easier to go longer periods between haircuts when she was so little. I finally gave up a week ago and cut it shorter – still feminine, just not nearly as long.

5. I was born and raised in Florida, but I hate seafood. I’ll eat salmon and cod once in a while, but I don’t like shrimp, lobster, shellfish, crab or other fish. My husband thinks that’s just weird. When we got married, the rehearsal dinner was in Cocoa Beach, FL, and all of his family was coming in from Indiana and other Midwest, non-beach places, so, of course, we had a seafood buffet for dinner. At least I wasn’t tempted to overeat at that dinner.

6. I like summer because the kids are out of school, we get to go to the beach and Summer Reading at the library and do other fun things, and watermelon is in season. Yum.

7. I love my husband, and I’m so thankful for him. He is truly a good man, who loves the Lord and I love that we can talk about anything. And I love my kids, too. I'm very, very thankful for the family I get to be a part of, and I pray often that I will be a wise, faithful, godly wife and mom.

I guess that wasn’t so hard!

I’m tagging:

Rabbit at The Hutch
Lisa at Lisa Writes
Elle at A Complete Thought

4 comments:

Lisa Spence said...

I wore my hair long for years, mainly because with so many children underfoot it was too hard to get to the hairdresser. Then I just got lazy. But my hair is the opposite of yours: thin and fine. I could hardly find a ponytail holder that would actually hold it, my ponytail was so thin! When I realized I was wearing my hair back in a clip like every day, I went short about a year or so ago.

Way more than you wanted to know! Anyway, thanks for the tag!

Kim said...

I tagged you for this, and I also tagged Lisa!

Great minds think alike!

kittyhox said...

I am also absolutely addicted to diet cherry coke! It's so much better than plain diet coke or, heaven help us, any pepsi product. (ick!)

I'm enjoying your site - keep up the good work! :)

Terri said...

Rebekah, what a blessing to get to know you more...I have visited Coco Beach a couple of times and love the white sand.
It’s not fair I want fat hair too=(
I haven’t tried Sonics Cherry Coke, I like the Cherry Limeades.
We read Little Pilgrims Progress, it’s a wonderful book for the kids!
I enjoyed reading you meme. Have a blessed weekend, Terri