Friday, March 02, 2007

Countdown to Spring

Today robins hopped about in the yard
While gargoyle-like vultures perched on our eave.
We welcome the robins like spring’s greeting card;
Gruesome vultures are creepy – I sure wish they’d leave!

The air is trending a bit warmer, too
And thunderstorms each evening keep building
March is coming on in like a lion, it’s true –
Will it be out like a lamb come this spring?

For all the seasons we offer thanksgiving
To God, Most Sovereign, the Creator of all.
The rain falls and sun shines on all who are living,
Though marred every one of us are by the Fall.

Death and wrath are the wage that my sin would demand;
On the Cross, Jesus all my debt paid.
This hope I do have, by faith I can stand
In Christ’s righteousness graciously arrayed.

So, come winter or spring or summer or fall
Most gracious Savior I’ll praise
Such a gift I’ve been given - on His Name I call
And songs of worship to Him I raise.


(When M was in preschool last year, his teacher sent home a paper that said March comes in like a lamb and out like a lion. I thought I was going crazy. I knew I had learned it the other way around, but M kept insisting that’s how it was, so I just dropped it. Yesterday, D and I were talking about all the terrible tornadoes and storms last night and that reminded me of the little saying. He said, “Of course it’s in like a lion, out like a lamb!” I feel so much better now. You just have no idea how much better I feel to know that Miss K was wrong on that one. Ooops.)

No comments: