Tuesday, March 06, 2007

A Sleepy, Rambling Rhyme

As you can see, the bloggity slump still goes strong
I really do hope it won’t last all that long.
I’m rambling a bit as I type at this time
To exercise my brain I’m trying a rhyme.
Son M enjoyed his first t-ball practice today-
He’s looking so forward to getting to play.
The marsh gnats were swarming all over and stinging
Next time the bug spray I’d better be bringing!
Son J is wondering when his coach will call
He’s ready for his turn to start playing ball.
This is another big sign that spring’s almost here –
Balancing baseball events for two boys, oh dear!
Now since Baby was up before dawn this morning
I’m sleepy and my eyes are giving me warning
That if I don’t bring this ramble to a quick end
I’ll fall asleep on the keyboard; but that I don’t intend!
So off I am going to read a good book for a bit
Though I’m so sleepy won’t be long ‘til I quit.
Perhaps little one will finally pick this night to sleep,
And we can get needed rest with sleep that is deep.

No comments: