Sunday, March 11, 2007

Something That Encouraged Me Today

Just when I thought the Sweet Tea family was all through being sick, M isn't feeling well. We went out last night for pizza, and at the restaurant M kept saying his throat hurt and then he just put his head down on the table. He really looked awful. So, we asked for a box, took our pizza home and took M's temperature - 102. He promptly took some Tylenol and went to bed, and with a flashlight I could tell his tonsils look a bit swollen. Sigh. Poor little guy. I stayed home with him today as he still had a 100 degree temp this morning and kept Boo home, too, while D and J went on to church. At least I got to listen online to Alistair Begg and spend some time reading my Bible this morning, but I still feel weird not being at church today.

I'm in Acts now with my daily Bible reading, and I read the most encouraging thing today. It's not anything that is a new concept to me, but very, very encouraging, none the less. When Peter had the vision of the unclean animals and God told him to go with the messengers from Cornelius (Acts 10), he then had to explain when he returned to Jerusalem why he went in and even ate with uncircumcized people. The encouraging thing I read today is their response to his description of how God displayed His grace to these God-fearing Gentiles.

Acts 11:18 "When they heard these things they became silent; and they glorified God, saying, 'Then God has also granted to the Gentiles repentance to life.'"

That "also" means life to me! Praise God for His grace! Praise God for the extent of His grace! Thank You, Lord God that You have granted me the repentance to life through Jesus Christ!

2 comments:

Sandy said...

And your post was encouraging to me! Thank you!

Lisa Spence said...

So sorry y'all continue to be sick--don't you sometimes wish everybody who is going to get sick would be sick all at the same time so you can get it over with already? Hang in there...this too shall pass!

I love Acts and I love that He extends His grace to me, a Gentile!