Saturday, July 21, 2007

I Need a Tissue, My Eyes Are Leaking

I must have blinked again. My first born is continually proving not to be a “little boy” anymore. I just realized that he doesn’t call me “Mommy” anymore. For the past several days, when he’s called for me, it’s been “Mom” he wants. One more passage from young childhood to older childhood, and it happened overnight with no discussion, as these things do. Part of me is saying it’s a good thing for him to mature and not need Mommy so very much, but a little part way down deep inside is screaming, “Please don’t grow up too fast! Where is the time going?” I want so much to enjoy these kids while I can. That’s one reason for my earlier post and how much I hate how easy it is to get lost in the moment and forget to take the time to just enjoy them. They are growing so fast it is scary sometimes.

At least he still needed me to take a picture of his domino tower.

No comments: