Wednesday, July 11, 2007

When Words Fail, Use a Funny Picture....

While looking for a good picture of the boys together, I ran across this one. It is so much not the look I was going for to use with the post I'm working on, but I started giggling and couldn't stop, so here it is. I hope I'm not the worst mom ever for sharing what will probably be a really embarrassing picture to J & M when they hit the teenage years. I really do try not to share things on the blog that would truly embarrass them, but the swim mask in the water sprinkler was just classic M, and that's why I'm laughing so hard right now I can hardly type. Thanks for the laugh, boys, Mommy needed it!

By the way, the heat index is reaching upwards of 100+ degrees these days around here. It is sweltering. We're having the kind of summer where you might as well not bother with much make-up in the morning - it just melts off anyway. We inflated two wading pools out back, which, along with the water sprinklers, are a mighty nice way for the kids to cool off this summer. (Plus, there's the added benefit that it gives the boys something they can do outside in this heat when they get too rowdy inside, and they almost never fight when they are playing in the water outside. Nice.) I'm thinking I'll be going to WalMart soon to look for some more water fun toys for the yard.

I'm really hoping to get back to more substantial blogging sometime soon. Still slumping a little, but I'm starting to feel better, finally. At least the boys are keeping me laughing!



2 comments:

Megan@SortaCrunchy said...

That is definitely worth a few giggles. Too cute!

pig2let said...

They are very cute! I love the mask in the sprinkler. He's not the only one. when I was little we used to play in the srinklers all the time and I have done the very same thing!