Monday, July 02, 2007

The Tea Pitcher Needs a Refill

The Sweet Tea front porch might be a little quiet for a few days. Due to last week’s hectic schedule with VBS taxi overtime, my house looks like a minor squall has hit it. I’ve got to take care of the mess and spend some quality and quantity summer fun time with the kids, too. Now that Camp Invention and VBS are behind us, I want to get going with some of the fun activities I had been planning for them before the end of summer slips up on us.

Besides that, I’m out of coherent blog ideas for the moment. I think this cold I’ve had has sapped my energy, and I need some down time to refuel and to take care of Boo who now has the same cold. And on top of all of that, the Army has decided D needs to spend a few more days with them helping to get the part of his unit that is going “over there” ready to go in the next several days. Nothing like a Saturday morning e-mail notifying him he has orders to report to Ft. Who-Cares-Where-It-Is-It's-Not-Home early Monday morning!! He just got home for crying out loud! At least he’s not going with them where they are going this time.

So, I’ll take a few days to clean, play, breathe and so forth, and I’ll brew up a fresh pitcher of sweet tea while I’m at it. I’ll be back later this week, hopefully. Enjoy the summer!

4 comments:

Terri said...

Rebekah, Boy can I relate...Since coming home form our trip my life seems to be upside down;D Thankfully we have a God who is the same today, yesterday and forever! Blessings, Terri

Lisa Hellier said...

It took me a bit recover from the ole' summer cold. Rest and refresh--I'll wait for the new brew of sweet tea!

Anonymous said...

Rebekah -
Enjoy your time with your kids. I'm glad you're taking a break.
You're among the top places to check on my Favorites list now.
Btw, I'm a transplanted Pennsylvania native - now living in Florida. It's taken me over a decade here, but I'm finally starting to enjoy sweet tea. I have yet to brew a pot though, so maybe it's high time I got started.
Looking forward to your return. Until then, I'll picture you on a breezy porch enjoying a cuppa.

Lisa Spence said...

May God fill you to fullness as you rest and recover!