Monday, February 19, 2007

And So the Spring Cleaning Begins With a Whimper

Spring is springing at my house. Well, not as far as the weather outside. It's still pretty chilly. But inside I'm starting the chore of organizing the boys' room and the playroom. Yes, again. I'm wanting it done badly, but I'm not wanting to do it at all. Everytime I go up there to get started I sort of go brain dead, I just don't even know where to start. It's that bad. Hubby says, "Just do what we tell them to do, start with one thing first then move to the next." Easier said than done, and I see why they get so overwhelmed. This time I'm going to police the area better and make sure the stuff is put away each evening rather than waiting for the weekends to catch up. By then it's just too far gone with these boys. Anyway, the boys are over at grandparents today (no school!!), so I've got to get up there. Here it is 2:22PM and I've managed to squander most of today. And now I'm blogging about it.

Once the boys' stuff is organized, dusted, sparkling and clean, I've got to get to the rest of the house. Over the next few weeks I will be emptying and organizing drawers, getting rid of things we don't need, dusting, organizing and making sparkling clean the other rooms as well. It's time to purge the "stuff" for all of us. Do you think by blogging about this I'll hold myself accountable to actually get it all done in a timely fashion?? If my blog goes quiet for a while, rest assured I've probably finally gotten the urge to clean and get it finished. Besides, our neighbors across the street are moving this summer and are planning to have a yard sale next month. If I can get it together, she said I can take some of my things over and join them! Then I won't have to do my own yard sale. But, boy, we're going to miss these neighbors. The boys are good friends with their little boy, and they're going to be pretty lonely when he moves away. That happens a lot around here with all the military families in town.

Well, I've procrastinated long enough, and now Boo is quiet, so I think she gave it up and finally fell asleep for nap. I must get to it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I need to do exactly the same thing at my house. I have to take it in stages, though! I can only deal with 1 closet or room at a time. Hang in there and be glad the garbage comes every week!

Rachel Langston