Sunday, February 11, 2007

Attitude Matters

Malachi 3:16-18
“Then those who feared the LORD spoke to one another,
And the LORD listened and heard them;
So a book of remembrance was written before Him
For those who fear the LORD
And who meditate on His name.

‘They shall be Mine,’ says the LORD of hosts,
‘On the day that I make them My jewels.
And I will spare them
As a man spares his own son who serves him.’
Then you shall again discern
Between the righteous and the wicked,
Between one who serves God
And one who does not serve Him.”

It’s amazing how the attitude I bring with me into the worship service is so important. Today was just different. In a really good way. The pastor has begun preaching about seeking God for revival in our church, and, I’m telling you, it was good today. We looked at Malachi 3:16-18, and also at the churches in Revelation and talked about the cycle of sin in a believer’s life and in a church body when we depart from our first love.

Also, after what I posted yesterday, throughout the service I kept thinking about how this same Jesus who spoke to the storm and stilled it is the One we are here to worship. That was amazing. To think that the Creator of all came to earth and lived among us, and submitted Himself to the humiliation of the cross, and was resurrected on the third day to redeem a people to Himself is humbling. That glimpse we are given of Him standing in that boat and speaking to the wind and the sea as LORD, while the disciples cowered in fear. Absolutely amazing. Try thinking of Him in this way next time you pray. And another thing that is revolutionizing my attitude is learning to remember that the humiliation He suffered on that cross is the price He paid for me to even be able to have the privilege of coming before the Throne of Grace at all. Though the gift of grace is free, it is so very costly. It was bought with the precious blood of the Son of God. May I never take that lightly. Amazing love, how can it be, that You, my King, should die for me?

1 comment:

Jan said...

Malachi 3:16-18 is my most favorite verse of the Bible. Isn't it just amazing to realize that everything we say about God is important enough to be written down for eternity? That right there is enough to change an attitude!

Thanks for the reminder. I needed it today.